Halloween has come and gone but you may still have chocolates and candy lingering which may just be too tempting to keep around. You may say, I’ll only have a piece after dinner, but that one piece may become two or that one piece may even be too much depending on your nutritional needs and goals.
So how can you get rid of all the temptation?
Below are 10 ways you can quickly get rid of all the chocolate and candy and get back to your cardio!
- Freeze it for when you can enjoy it!
- Use it in a healthy recipe to add a little something sweet! Such as chopping up one piece of choice for a granola or trail mix.
- Send over leftover Candy to Troops! Programs such as the Soldier’s Angels Treat for Troops Program allow you to donate sweets to troops. Just look up local drop off locations.
- The Ronald McDonald House programs are located near Children’s Hospitals and is a great place to donate leftover candy.
- Donate the candy to a local Food Pantry or Shelter.
- Donate the candy to teachers and schools.
- The holidays are right around the corner! Save the candy for stocking stuffers or other holiday treats.
- Use it for Birthday goodie bags
- Save the candy to decorate a Gingerbread house!
- Use it for a budget friendly poker game!